Maya Kosoff wrote an article for the Business Insider entitled, 19 pieces of great advice from top tech execs to help you win in work and life. The thrust of the article was that the leaders of the most successful tech companies need a lot of skills and one of the most important is leadership. They are expected to inspire teams of employees to carry out their daring visions against incredible odds. That means they offer some great advice.
She compiled quotes from 19 of the biggest names in tech. Some are investors; others are founders, CEOs, or executives at the most renowned tech companies in the world. Their words may inspire you to achieve more in work and in life. I read these quotes and found that five (5) of them resonated with me. You can read the original article here.
Here is the list of my top five (5):
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos: “I strongly believe that missionaries make better products. They care more. For a missionary, it’s not just about the business. There has to be a business, and the business has to make sense, but that’s not why you do it. You do it because you have something meaningful that motivates you.”
- Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates: “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”
- Dropbox co-founder Drew Houston: “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.”
- Dell CEO Michael Dell: “You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary, or even a college graduate for that matter, to be successful. You just need framework and a dream.”
- Former Oracle CEO Larry Ellison: “When you innovate, you’ve got to be prepared for everyone telling you you’re nuts.”
Please “Like” and share your comments. Additional training resources are located here.