Fortune Magazine writer, Anne Fisher published an article entitles, 19 really dumb ways to quit a job. Have we given up on giving at least two weeks notice, finessing an exit interview, and tactfully networking your way out the door. Evidently, some people are in too big a hurry for any of that. There have been a number of creative ways to say sayonara. A staffing firm, OfficeTeam asked about 600 U.S. human resources managers to describe the most unusual ways they’ve seen or heard about how people resigned or quit their jobs.
I have listed ten (10) of these ways, but you can read the others here:
1. “An employee baked a cake with her resignation letter written on top.”
2. “One guy hired a marching band to accompany his announcement.”
3. “The worker threw a brick through the window with the words ‘I quit’ written on it.”
4. “An employee left a sticky note saying that he was quitting.”
5. “The individual sent an email blast to the entire staff.”
6. “One employee threw a cup of coffee and walked out.”
7. “An employee bragged to all his colleagues that it was his last day, but failed to let his boss or the HR manager know.”
8. A few people took advantage of technology:
9. “An employee sent his boss a text message to say he was leaving.”
10. “One person quit on Facebook.”
The Office team said that, “How you leave a position can make a lasting impression.”Most (86%) of the HR managers in the survey said that how someone quits a job “affects their future career opportunities.”
Please “Like” and share your comments. Additional training resources are located here.