The Internet Changed Everything!
And if that statement seems a little vague then let me attempt to clarify it a little.
Pre-internet there were gate keepers for everything:
• Newspapers and big TV networks were the gatekeepers of news
• Publishers were the gatekeepers of books
• Record companies were the gatekeepers of music
• Universities were the gatekeepers of knowledge
• Corporations (and government) were the gatekeepers of jobs, etc.
Because of the internet, the cloud, and connected devices, have handed you the power, you can:
• Report news
• Write and publish books and other digital content
• Create and publish music
• Learn or teach almost anything
• Consider earning a living from any or all of these activities
In the 21st century, everyone is empowered to be both teacher and or student. It is a marvel that anyone can hold a “cell phone” and have access to the sum of the world’s collective knowledge. And kids are still forced to carry 40 pound backpacks filled with books.
And don’t get me started on the laughable courses that still exist, and are mandatory, for corporate employees to suffer through. We know these courses don’t change behaviors yet the laws still force their existence and we pat ourselves on the back as if we’ve cured some major problem.
The 21st century world of learning isn’t coming. It’s HERE! NOW! Large bureaucracies will take decades to embrace it…if ever. The internet doesn’t just enable 20th century systems to “go online”. The internet empowers you to opt out of those systems and do better!
Please “Like” and share your comments. Additional training resources are located here.